The Finnish Information Processing Association, TIVIA, (Tieto- ja viestintätekniikan ammattilaiset ry) is an independent association of Finnish ICT professionals and companies that provide ICT products and services or use them. TIVIA has currently approximately 10 000 professionals and about 400 companies and organizations as members. They are organized as 28 individual TIVIA member associations on the basis of geographical area or professional theme. Three of the member associations are for students. In addition there are 19 special interest groups (SIG).
TIVIA’s main objective is to develop the professional skills of its members by means of networking, member activities, seminars, training, certification programs, mentoring program, publishing and research. Seminars, trainings and events are organized by our member associations and SIGs.
TIVIA was founded in 1953 as an association of punched card technology users – Finnish Punched Card Society.
TIVIA strives to make the Finnish ICT know-how well known and to offer their members possibilities to network and exchange knowledge also internationally. TIVIA is a member of CEPIS (The Council of European Professional Informatics Societies), NDU (Nordisk Data Union) and IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing).
TIVIA´s areas of interest are the governmental service processes and the structure of the Finnish information society, the future of Finnish software industry and to improve cooperation and understanding between business management and ICT management, via an overall improvement of ICT skills.
TIVIA presentation (PDF)
Join TIVIA (Tieto- ja viestintätekniikan ammattilaiset ry)
Rules of TIVIA Association (PDF)
TIVIA ethics code – unofficial translation
You can join TIVIA society as a person member using the following web form. The web form can be used when you pay your member fee by yourself or when your employer pays your member fee. Notice that you join TIVIA by joining one of the member associations. Membership fee is determined by the date you join TIVIA society. Membership fees for the whole year are the following:
- Person Member 65 €
- Senior Member 44 €
- Student Member 20 €
- Young Student Member 0 €
- Youth Member 0 €
If your employer pays your member fee please choose ”I don’t pay the membership fee, send the invoice to the address below” and please fill in your employer’s billing information.
Join as a person member
You can join a company or a society that you are representing using the following web form.
Join as a society member
- Senior Member requirements: You must send a copy of your retirement certificate to jasenasiat(at)tivia.fi | No age limit
- Student Member requirements: You must send a copy of your student licence to jasenasiat(at)tivia.fi | No age limit
- Young Student Member requirements: You must be born in 1996 or later. You must send a copy of your student licence to jasenasiat(at)tivia.fi.
- Youth Member requirements: You must be born in 2000 or later. If asked you must be able to proof your age.
TIVIA sends newsletters and bulletins about benefits, events and other topical stuff to it’s members. Please make sure that your contact information (you need to login before you can update your contact information) is up to date. You can find your member ID number in your member fee bill and in a magazine’s address form. Password is personal.
Update your member information
Each member has a member ID and a personal password that they can use to login to TIVIA’s web page and update their member information.
- Update your contact and personal information
- Change your member benefit magazines orders
- Join as a member in another TIVIA society (additional membership)
- Change your password
Change of address
Your new address information will be forwarded to your member benefit magazines and to your member society. The new address information will come into effect in about two weeks.
You can choose to be a member of another society in addition to your own member society. You can complete the addition through a web form.
Cancelling the membership
You can cancel your membership by email. Please send an email to jasenasiat<at>tivia.fi. Also please note that a membership can’t be cancelled by phone or by not paying the bill.
Membership fee is determined by the date you join TIVIA. Membership fees for the whole year are: Person Member, Senior Member, Student Member, Young Student Member, Youth Member, Family Member and Additional Membership.
Person Member 65 €
- The membership for most members
Senior Member 44 €
- Requirements: You must send a copy of your retirement certificate to jasenasiat(at)tivia.fi | No age limit
Student Member 20 €
- Requirements: You must send a copy of your student licence to jasenasiat(at)tivia.fi | No age limit
Young Student Member 0 €
- Requirements: You must be born in 1996 or later. You must send a copy of your student licence to jasenasiat(at)tivia.fi.
Youth Member 0 €
- Requirements: You must be born in 2000 or later. If asked you must be able to proof your age.
Family Member 20 €
- requirements: You live in the same household with a person, senior or student member.
Additional Membership 16 €
- Extra Basic membership in another association. Please use the web form for changes to add an extra membership to your full membership.
You can add a TIVIA benefit to your membership (Family member excluded)
- TIVIA Benefit: Tivi Magazine (print & digital version) 44 €
- TIVIA Benefit: Mikrobitti Magazine (print & digital version) + Tivi Magazine (digital version) 54 €
- TIVIA Benefit: Tivi Magazine (print & digital version) + Mikrobitti Magazine (digital version) 54 €
- TIVIA Benefit: Tivi Magazine (print & digital version) + Mikrobitti Magazine (digital version) 70 €
TIVIA has currently approximately 10 000 professionals and about 400 companies and organizations as members. They are organized as 28 individual TIVIA member associations on the basis of geographical area or professional theme. Three of the member associations are for students. In addition there are 20 special interest groups (SIG) from which you can find more information below.
Special Interest Groups
Special Interest Groups offer an informal way to network and exchange information with other Members interested of the same topics.
As a member of TIVIA society you can take advantage of numerous member benefits.
TIVIA sends newsletters and bulletins about benefits, events and other topical stuff to it’s members. Please make sure that your contact information is up to date.
All benefits are valid for the time being. For more information please send email to jasenasiat(a)tivia.fi.
- Magazines for members
- Trainings (mostly ICT-related)
- ICT products and services
- Travel and hotel services
- Magazines and books
- Other products and services
For more information
TIVIA´s mentoring program – it is all about learning together
TIVIA provides a high quality mentoring program for TIVIA society members. In the progaram experienced IT professionals transfer valuable knowledge to professionals of the future. Different kind of methods and materials are used in the program to support learning.
Mentoring program is a yearlong person-to-person interaction where a competent and experienced senior expert will act as a mentor. Mentor guides, supports and assists a younger professional, a mentee, to develop professional skills and success. Program offers thought-provoking and topical training sessions with a skilled network for mentors as well as new insights through the mentoring of a young talent.
Mentor and mentee applications can be send for the forthcoming programs. For additional information: ilmoittaudu(at)tivia.fi. Welcome aboard!
Application form for a mentor
Application form for a mentee
- free of charge for mentor
- 150 € fee for mentee. The fee will be charged when a suitable pair is formed
For more information: tivia(at)tivia.fi
AV technology, Digital Signage, and Project specialist
AV Marketing Finland Oy
Digital Marketing Manager
Hyundai Motor Finland
CEO & Co-Founder
yrittäjä ja kustantaja
Ketterät Kirjat Oy
Talent Base Oy
Timo S. Valli
toimitusjohtaja Vallum Oy
Managing Partner Valli Capital Oy
Tieto- ja viestintätekniikan ammattilaiset TIVIA ry
Post address: Lars Sonckin kaari 12, 02600 Espoo
Office: 020 741 9898, tivia(at)tivia.fi
Member services: 020 741 9888, jasenasiat(at)tivia.fi
Visiting address: Lars Sonckin kaari 12 (fifth floor), 02600, Espoo
Call prices to our telephone numbers from a landline in Finland are 8,35 cnt/call + 7,02 cnt/min. From a mobile phone 8,35 cnt/call + 17,17 cnt/min.
Chief Executive Officer
040 522 0720
Customer Service Manager
020 741 9882
020 741 9887
020 741 9898