SPM Training Excellence Level Product Strategy
Based on the big success of ISPMA-based SPM Foundation Level Trainings, which have been available since early 2012, and the wishes of many training participants, ISPMA has extended its Curriculum with syllabi for four Excellence Level Trainings. These trainings focus on methods and their practical application, i.e. there is sufficient room for realistic case studies and exercises. Certification is offered for each training.
This Excellence Level Training on Product Strategy addresses questions like: What is the right strategy for your product to achieve business success in changing times? Utilize the business model canvas to make your strategic decisions, get feedback faster and make informed adjustments.
We can organize a tailored training for groups. Ask for more information: ilmoittaudu(at)tivia.fi.
- CEO’s in digital or platform business
- CIO’s and CDO’s in change of digital service and platform business development and transformation roadmap
- Digital service managers interested in getting a broader perspective on the role and becoming certified product managers
- Platfrom business owners interested in getting a broader perspective on the role and becoming certified product managers
- Product owners interested in getting a broader perspective on the role and becoming certified product managers
- New product managers interested in getting a broader perspective on the role and becoming certified product managers
- Scrum product owners interested in a broader perspective on managing software products
- Experienced product managers interested in understanding product management based on a comprehensive, industry-standard framework
- Engineering professionals like developers, architects and development leadership interested in understand the business side of product development
The course participants must have a fundamental understanding of the software business, but the course requires no specific technical or commercial competencies.
5 hours per day, 11:00 – 13:30 and 14:30 – 17:00
- Software Product Management Overview & Framework
- Role of Product Strategy
- Business Model Concept and Canvas
- Business Models in the Software Industry
- Software Business Models for Companies and Products
- Customer Segments and Value Propositions
- Identifying Customer Needs and Segmentation
- Value Proposition
- Whole Product Concept
- Partnerships and the Software Ecosystem
- Software Ecosystems and Their Players
- Selecting and Managing Partners
- Sales Channels in Relation to Products
- Defining the Channel Strategy
- Managing the Channels
- Competition and Other Alternatives
- Identifying and Analyzing the Customers’ Alternatives
- Defining the Competitive Strategy
- Revenue Streams
- Defining Revenue Streams
- Pricing Strategies
- Building Revenue Models
- Cost Structure
- Cost Drivers in Software’s Unique Cost Structure
- Building the Financial Model
- Business Cases
- Business Measures, KPIs, Risk Management
- Defining Business Measures
- Managing the Product’s Business Performance
- Identifying and Managing Risks
- Legal aspects
- Contracts and Intellectual Property
- Open Source
- Data Protection
At the end of the last day of the training we offer the attendees the opportunity to take the ISPMA certification test. The test is performed as a written examination and is facilitated by the International Software Quality Institute. You can become a certified ISPMA member.
Hans-Bernd Kittlaus is an internationally renowned expert on SPM. He has been working as a trainer and a consultant for software organizations such as Samsung, SimCorp, big and small software and internet organizations and corporate IT organizations in a number of different industries. Before this, he was head of SPM and development units of IBM. He is the chairman of ISPMA, and has published numerous articles and books. In spring 2017, Springer will also publish his new book ”Software Product Management: The ISPMA-Compliant Study Guide and Handbook”.
Hans-Bernd Kittlaus has done a number of SPM-related webinars. You can find them here.
TIVIA member price is for person members and also for the staff of company members.
Normal Price TIVIA member 2300€ + VAT 24%
Normal Price Non-member 2500€ + VAT 24%
Certification Exam 300€ + VAT 24%
At the end of the last training day, participants can optionally undergo the exam for the ”ISPMA Certified Software Product Manager Excellence Level Product Strategy” certificate (exam fee € 300,- plus tax).
Price includes: course participation, course material.
If you are not already a member of TIVIA, JOIN NOW (membership fees from 65 €) and pay TIVIA member price for this course!
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 30 days before the training, after that the cancellation fee is 50 % of the participation fee. If the registration has not been cancelled, we will charge the whole course fee. Early bird registration cannot be cancelled. The right to participate can be transferred to another person. You may cancel or modify your registration via e-mail: ilmoittaudu(at)tivia.fi