Introduction to Data Strategy – A Practical Approach
Many executives are looking to create a data-driven organization, and to reap the benefits that modern data technology can bring. But creating an enterprise data strategy and architecture can be a daunting task. It can be difficult to know where to begin, and how to prioritize efforts with the myriad technologies and stakeholders involved. This 4 day evening course will help de-mystify data strategy and data management, and will provide concrete, practical ways to get started.
Evening 1 15:00-18:00: Aligning Data Strategy with Business Strategy
Evening One provides an overview of the main components for building a data strategy. A key focus will be on aligning the data strategy with the organization’s business strategy to support becoming a more data-driven organization. Topics include:
- Data Strategy & Data Management Overview
- Data Strategy & Data Management Executive Overview
- Building blocks of a data strategy & architecture
- Case studies & success stories
- Establishing Goals & Gaining Buy-In
- Motivation & drivers
- Effectively communicate needs and expected ROI
- Workshop: Defining business motivations & drivers
Evening 2 15:00-18:00: Building the Foundation: Key Components of Data Management
Evening Two provides an overview of the key components of data management including: data architecture, data quality, BI and data warehousing, AI analytics, master data management, and more. Topics include:
- Building the Data Management Foundation
- BI and Data Warehousing
- AI & Analytics
- Data Architecture
- Data Quality
- Master Data Management
- Metadata Management
- Prioritizing Business-Critical Data & Capabilities
- Identify and prioritize cross-functional stakeholder needs
- Define & manage business-critical data
- Build the right technical architecture for your organization’s needs
Evening 3 15:00-18:00: Data Governance: Aligning People, Process, and Technology
Evening 3 covers data governance, which is a critical part of any successful data strategy. We will begin with an overview of data governance and the various approaches and components involved in building a data governance organization from both an organizational and technical perspective. Topics include:
- Data Governance Overview
- Aligning Data Governance with business objectives
- Organizational structures
- Data stewardship & roles
- Processes & workflows
- Tools & technologies to support data governance
Evening 4 15:00-18:00: Building a Roadmap for Success
Evening 4 integrates all of the topics learned in the course to build a roadmap and implementation plan for their unique organization. We will also discuss how track benefits and ROI (return on investment) over time to monitor the success of your data initiatives. Topics include:
- Defining an Actionable Roadmap
- Identifying “quick wins”
- Aligning technology with business priorities
- Building a roadmap that combines quick wins with long-term benefits
- Tracking Benefits and ROI
- Methods for calculating value
- Tracking benefits over time
- Culture & communication – keeping the momentum going
Donna Burbank, Managing Director, Global Data Strategy
Donna is a recognized industry expert in information management with over 20 years of experience in data strategy, information management, data modeling, metadata management, and enterprise architecture.
Her background is multi-faceted across consulting, product development, product management, brand strategy, marketing, and business leadership.
If the cancellation is made later than two weeks before the start of the course, we will charge half of the course fee.
If no cancellation is made at all, we will charge the full course fee.
A blocked participant can be replaced at another cost free of charge.
We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the training if there are not enough participants.
Member price (for TIVIA Society’s members) 1 710 € (+ VAT 24 %)
Normal price 1 900 € (+ VAT 24 %)
If you are not already a member of TIVIA, JOIN NOW (membership fees from 65 €) and pay TIVIA member price for this course!