DAMA Finland: Certified Data Management Professional Exam Preparation
The course addresses ALL disciplines as identified by the international standard, DAMA-I (Website) Body of Knowledge (DMBOK2) and is aimed to individuals interested in consolidating professionalism in the field of Data Management. This course, dedicated to experienced professionals, helps to consolidate the foundation of the different information disciplines across the complete Data Management spectrum and introduces students to the different levels of Industry professional certification the DAMA Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP).
By attending the course, delegates will improve their knowledge of the Data Management concepts and discover the DAMA framework. Learners will be provided with the knowledge, methods and techniques focused to gain familiarity with the CDMP examination format
- Duration: 2 days
- Participants: 20 maximum
- Course language: English
- Delivery: Remote learning with trainer
The value of having a certified teacher online, with live voice and live face, for all the course duration, but with the advantage of not having to move from your place.You’ll only need a pair of headphones and a webcam. Sure, don’t forget the microphone because you’ll have the chance to make your voice heard!
1. Data Management Introduction
- Introduction to DAMA DMBOK2 Framework (DAMA Wheel, Environmental Factors Hexagon and Context Diagram)
- Reasons why Data is an asset with singular characteristics
2. Data Governance, Data Ethics and Data Managements Roles and Responsibilities
- What is Data Governance and Why it is important
- Data Governance Bodies and Committees
- Typical Data Management Roles and Organization
- What does Data Handling Ethics means?
- Principles and Risks
3. Data Architecture and Modeling
- Data Architecture. What is its role within the Enterprise?
- Data Flow and Enterprise Data Models
- What is a Data Model and why it is important in business initiatives
- Data Model components, read and understand a data model
4. Data Storage and Operations, Content and Document Management
- Data Storage and Operation definitions and principles
- Different types of database organizations and Data Processing
- Managing Unstructured Data, Document and Contents
5. Data Security, Data Integration and Interoperability
- Data Security Goals and Business Drivers
- Data Security Risks
- Data Integration, how data are consolidated within applications
- ETL vs ELT, preparing Data Warehouse or Data Lakes
6. Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Big Data and Data Science
- What is Data Warehouse, different approaches and techniques answering different business needs
- What is Data Science and why do we need it?
- Big Data Architecture and differences with Data Warehousing
7. Data Quality
- What is Data Quality and why it is important for business
- Developing Data Quality Metrics and Indicators
- Manage Data Quality Rules, Data Quality
Improvement Lifecycle and Data Quality Issues
8. Metadata Management, Master and Reference Data Management
- What is Metadata, Reference Data, Master Data
- The key role of a Metadata Repository, opportunities and business use
- System of Records, Trusted Source and Golden Records
DAMA Member Price 500 euros
Society member price (2 for 1) 250 euros per person
Note: If you are not already a member of DAMA Finland, you can join DAMA Finland by choosing to join on the registration form.
This training is non-refundable. The right to participate can be transferred to another person. You may cancel or modify your registration via e-mail: email@example.com